Cotentin : A region to explore
A land of contrasts, the Cotentin peninsula holds many surprises for the visitor. Wonderfully ‘off the beaten track’ you will discover an infinite variety of landscapes, both coastal and inland, a region rich in history, a refreshingly pleasant climate and a slower way of life.
Particularly proud of her treasures, the Cotentin Peninsula has retained its traditions.
Be fascinated by its landscapes and its history.
Taste the softness of a sea climate, where the flavours of earth and sea are mingled…
Sites of specific interest :
Nez de Jobourg and cliff walk of La Hague – 30 minutes.
- Dunes of Biville – 30 minutes.
- Barfleur harbour, one of France’s most beautiful villages – 15 minutes.
- Valognes, called Norman Versailles : 18th century manors – 15 minutes.
- Cité de la Mer in Cherbourg – 10 minutes. Subaquatic sensations.
- Gardens and castles : Tourlaville, Nacqueville, Vauville.
To find out more : Cotentin Tourisme
Images of the Cotentin www.lumieres marines.com